With so much going on among our many north Seattle neighborhoods, I wanted to combine one big list of Halloween “events” around here.
- Halloween Safe Trick or Treat, put on by Greenwood-Phinney’s Chamber of Commerce, will be October 30th from noon to 3pm. Area businesses on and around Greenwood Ave will be handing out candy to kids in costume!
- On Halloween morning, try the “Green” Halloween 5K Fun Run and 1K Kid’s Dash at Lower Woodland Park (beginning at 9am). Money raised in the event will go to the Green Field Project at Daniel Bagley Elementary.
- The Green Lake Tacos Guaymas is hosting a Halloween costume party on Friday the 29th, beginning at 10am. There’s prizes for best costumes!
- In Wallingford, try out “Green Halloween” at the Wallingford Center from 3-5pm. Merchants will be handing out healthier treats and displaying goodies that are better for our environment.
- If you’re trick-or-treating in Ballard, participating businesses will be handing out candy on Market and Ballard Ave, from 3 to 5pm on Halloween Sunday.
If I’ve missed an event that you know of, please include it in the comments below. And don’t forget that Saturday, October 30th is the Rally to Restore Sanity (fueled by Jon Stewart), with a Seattle satellite rally at Westlake Park!