We are incredibly fortunate to live in a neighborhood that has great walkability, really good public transportation, and only a short trip to downtown Seattle. But when you’re car-less in Seattle there’s another solution you can turn to: Zipcar.
We all know about Zipcar – you pay an annual membership fee of about $60, an activation fee of $25, and then hourly or daily rates for the car reservation when you need it ($7.50 per hour minimum or $69/day minimum). It makes having to take a day trip much easier, and gas and insurance is already included.
Here’s where you can pick up a Zipcar in north Seattle:
- NE Ravenna & 70th, get a Honda CRV
- NE 63rd & 9th Ave NE, get a Nissan Sentra or a Volvo S40
- N 45th St & Woodlawn Ave, get a Honda Insight or Toyota Prius
- N 45th St & 1st, get a Subura Impreza 5-door or a Volva S40
- Fremont Ave N & 43rd St, get a Honda Civic
- Phinney Ave N & 55th St, get a Honda Civic
- Phinney Ave N & 67th St, get a Mazda 3 or a Toyota Tacoma
- NW 85th & 3rd, get a Honda Insight or a Mazda 3
To sign up for Zipcar, visit their Website here.