This weekend is the annual Washington Beer Open House, and six north Seattle breweries are taking part. On Saturday February 25th between 12pm and 5pm, the breweries open their doors for special events throughout the state. In north Seattle, guests can visit Naked City Brewery & Taphouse, Big Time Brewery, Fremont Brewing, Maritime Pacific, Hilliard’s Beer, and the new Elliott Bay Public House in Lake City.
Here’s a few ways some of the breweries are making Saturday special:
- Maritime Pacific in Ballard will be offering brewery tours every hour beginning at 12:15 (last tour starts at 4:15). They’ll have some special beers on tap for the day.
- Big Time Brewery in the U-District will have brewery tours and special cask-conditioned Icculus IPA.
- Naked City Brewing in Greenwood is going to be pulling samples of their famous Big Lebrewski off the brite tank and showing off the backroom brewery.
- Hilliard’s Beer in Ballard is doing tours of the brewery every hour, and with have the Snout and Co mobile food truck serving up amber boiled Brats outside.
- Elliott Bay Brewing is giving people a sneak peak of their newest location in Lake City – not yet open!
As of this time, Fremont has not announced what they might have on tap – all the more reason to go and be surprised! As people make their way through tomorrow’s Open House, they’re encouraged to tweet their trip and what they find. You can use the hashtag #WaBeerOH to tweet and follow along.