Seattle Beer Week is soon to be upon us again. The fifth year running, this year’s Beer Week falls on May 9th through the 19th and as usual, is sure to include something for everyone. Although I do like to expand my horizons out of the neighborhood a little for this one, here are my North Seattle event picks!
- On May 10th, head to Brouwers in Fremont for the Underberg Back in Black Stout Fest – 40+ stouts on tap. Event runs all day
- On May 11th, it’s time to head to Hale’s Ales for Brewgrass – a collaboration of beer & music with 10 local breweries and 3 bands, benefiting NW Harvest. Starts at 5pm and you can buy your tickets here.
- On May 12th, it’s Mother’s Day. So treat your mother to one of her favorite movies – Psycho. DJ Nicfit plays this film at Naked City’s screening room to a live soundtrack, and I can say from experience it’s amazing. Starts at 8pm in Greenwood.
- May 13th, check out the Sierra Nevada dinner at the Burgundian in Tangletown. 5 beers paired with 5 dishes (exact beers & dishes tbd). This starts at 6pm.
- On May 14th, check out Beer & Burger Battle back at Brouwer’s in Fremont. It runs all day long, and pits six brewers against each other to design the best burger.
- On May 15th, don’t miss the annual Latona Pub Cask Fest in Green Lake. A huge selection of cask beers, starting at 6pm.
- On May 16th, try out pFriem Family Brewing at Art of the Table in Wallingford. Everyone is buzzing about this brewery, and the restaurant is pairing up 7 courses to match. The reception starts at 6:30, dinner served at 7. Call the restaurant at (206) 282-0942 for a reservation. Dinner is $95/person + tax/tip.
- After taking a few nights off to repair your liver, celebrate the last day of Beer Week with The Dray in Phinney Ridge. The Dray has a celebration of its own that day – their 5th Birthday! There will be special brews from Firestone Walker, and tacos from The Yard.
Make sure you don’t miss one or two other events in the rest of the city either, as there’s plenty to do! You can check out the full schedule here.